It may be back to school in Gwinnett County this week, but the summer is hardly over.
This weekend might be a good chance to take in something you missed while the kids were on summer break.
- Click on the Gwinnett Weekends pdf to download event listings from the Gwinnett Convention and Visitors Bureau.
How about that local farmers market you’ve been meaning to attend?
Here are some possibilities:
Thursday, Aug. 8 and Saturday Aug. 8
The place for local fare — homemade, homegrown and refurbished. Held 4 p.m.-7 p.m. Thursday and 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday.
Friday, Aug. 9
Food trucks, visiting chefs and locally grown produce throughout August. Held 4 p.m.-8 p.m. at the Greenway Trail parking lot.
Saturday, Aug. 10
Voted the No. 1 medium-sized market in Georgia last year, it’s held 8 a.m.-12 p.m. in front of City Hall.
Held 8 a.m.-12 p.m. every Saturday in downtown Lawrenceville.
Fresh food is available at Town Center Park 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
Looking for something else this weekend? Try these on for size:
- Buford: Simplify Your Life indoor yard sale at Bogan Park. 9 a.m. Saturday.
- Duluth: Button Down Dash 5K and Fun Run at Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce. 7:30 a.m. Saturday (6:30 a.m. registration)
- Lawrenceville: Les Miserable at the Aurora Theatre. 8 p.m. Thursday and Friday, 2:30 p.m. and 8 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday.
- Norcross: This Ain’t Your Grandmother’s Quilt at the Norcross Arts Center. 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. Friday.
- Suwanee: Eve 6 (live band) at Town Center Park. 7 p.m. Saturday.