There will be a variety of live music being played in Gwinnett County this weekend, including Scotty McCreedy and that guy (Glen Phillips) from Toad the Wet Sprocket.
Gwinnett's got it for you this weekend.
- For more event info, check out Explore Gwinnett's Gwinnett Weekends pdf attached to this file.
Here’s a quick sampling, according to local websites, and Explore Gwinnett (Gwinnett Visitor's and Convention Bureau):
- Sept. 28: The country music star plays a special all-ages show at Wild Bills near Duluth. Those under 18 need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian. (9:45 p.m., $25-$70, 678-473-1000)
- Sept. 28: Boney Jones headlines the Jazz & Blues Concert Series at Peachtree Pointe Amphitheater near Buford. (7 p.m.; $49.50-$72)
- Sept. 26-29: The annual Duluth Fall Festival fills the city's Town Green with all kinds of family stuff. The Festival Carnival begins Sept. 26; the Festival itself is Sept. 28-29. (carnival, 6 p.m. Thursday/Friday; festival, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday; 7:40 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday; Free)
- Sept. 29: Not the whole band, but Toad the Wet Sprocket member Glen Phillips plays the Red Clay Theatre in Duluth. (7:30 p.m., $20-$25, 404-478-2749)
- Sept. 28: The annual Public Safety Fall Festival at Coolray Field near Lawrenceville has police/fire demos, kids activities and a softball showdown between cops and firefighters. (10 a.m.-2 p.m., Free, 770-513-5119)
- Sept. 28-29: The North Atlanta Trade Center near Norcross hosts the Atlanta Exotic Bird Fair, with experts, goods and, of course, colorful birds. Tickets are good all weekend. (9 a.m.–5.p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday, $5 ages 13 and up, under 12, free, 770-279-9899)
- Sept. 27-29: The 11th Pumpkin Festival at Stone Mountain Park celebrates everything Autumn. (10:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday and Sunday, 10:30 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday, Adventure Pass $22-$28 and $10 vehicle entry, 770-498-5690)
- Sept. 28: The Kevin Prater Band headlines a night of live bluegrass at Everett's Music Barn. (8 p.m., $15 donation requested, 770-945-5628)
- Sept. 28: Enjoy the sounds of Motown for Snellville's Live of the Lawn summer concert series. Held on the city's Towne Green. (7 p.m., free)
Want more ideas? Check out Explore Gwinnett's calendar of events.