One of the biggest games of the opening weekend is Georgia versus Clemson. The Dawgs are currently listed as a point-and-a-half favorite. The only other SEC game involving two ranked teams is Saturday's matchup between LSU and TCU. The Tigers are the current favorite by about four points. In other games, oddsmakers expect defending national champion Alabama to defeat Virginia Tech by a margin of 20 points and Mississippi is favored by three over the Commodores.
Which teams do you think will win in week one of the season? List your picks in the comment section below.
Thursday, Aug. 29
Saturday, Aug. 31
- No. 1 Alabama vs. Virginia Tech (in Atlanta)
- Arkansas vs. University of Louisiana- Lafayette
- Auburn vs. Washington State
- No. 10 Florida vs. Toledo
- No. 5 Georgia at No. 8 Clemson
- Kentucky vs. Western Kentucky (in Nashville)
- No. 12 LSU at No. 20 TCU
- Mississippi State vs. Oklahoma State (in Houston)
- Missouri vs. Murray State
- Tennessee vs. Austin Peay
- No. 7 Texas A&M vs. Rice