The first day of autumn is Sunday, Sept. 22, and with it we'll leave behind a summer that was like a healthy dog's nose — cool and wet. Many cities in Georgia are at or above the annual average for precipitation. Fourth of July fireworks displays were washed out, for cryin' out loud!
By the way, you can even purchase a Year of Rain 2013 sweatshirt.
- What will you miss about summer, and look forward to this fall?
I won't miss the weather of the Summer 2013, but there's plenty of things I will miss. Here are five:
1. Long Days: That will especially be true when Daylight Saving Time ends in early November.
2. Crepe Myrtles: There'll be no more roadways, yards and parks lined with these beautiful bushes and trees.
3. Local Aquatics Center: They get packed when the temps rise, but pool time is good under nearly any circumstance.
4. The Laser Show: The Stone Mountain Park Laser Show is still a gotta-do in my household.
5. Family Vacation! The summer break from school seems shorter than when I walked to school uphill both ways, but those lasting memories are created when the fam takes a getaway.
What will you miss most about summer? Or, better, what won't you miss?