A Dacula man took steps to prevent the theft of his valuables while working out at a local gym, but the measures proved inadequate.
According to the Gwinnett County Police report, the man went to Gold’s Gym on the afternoon of Jan. 1 and secured his wallet in a locker at approximately 3:30 p.m. When he returned to his locket at 5 p.m., the wallet was gone. The man told police he had a lock on the locker and did not know how the suspect managed to open it.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Workout Costs Man His Wallet and Cell Phone
- Another Theft Reported at Gold’s Gym
- Thief Snatches Teen’s Gym Bag
- Gold’s Gym Responds to Concerns About Security
- Car Windows Smashed in Gold’s Gym Parking Lot
The thief or thieves attempted to use the man’s debit card at Chevron and Kroger, but neither transaction went through.
Read more on Dacula Patch.
If you go to a gym or park to workout, do you carry valuables with you? What steps do you take to avoid becoming the victim of theft? Let us know in the comments.