An officer investigating an Oct. 17 burglary found a trail of blood leading inside a Fallen Oak Drive home.
A Gwinnett County Police officer arrived at the home to find two males standing outside. The men, who identified themselves as friends of the homeowner, said they worked nearby and came to the home after their friend alerted them to the fact the burglar alarm had been activated. One of the men advised the front door was open and the rear window was smashed when he arrived.
The officer walked to the rear of the residence and found blood on a gutter pan near the smashed window. The officer also noticed blood on pieces of broken glass in and near the window, on the window blinds and on the ground. Once inside the home, the officer noted the alarm panel had been ripped off the wall in the main hallway.
“There was a blood drop on the ground in front of the alarm panel,” the officer wrote in the report. “I observed the smashed rear window with blood drops on the ground and carpet.”
Read more on Buford Patch.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Police Investigating Multiple Burglaries Involving Suspects in Green SUV
- Man Injured in Attempt to Not Be 'Punked Out' in Front of His Girlfriend
- Sledgehammers Used in Two Gas Station Burglaries
- Obscene Image Spray-Painted on Vehicle
- Home Invaders Flee After Woman Yells at Them