Recent data from Suwanee Police show that the city's most troublesome intersections have a familiar look.
For 2012 year to date, the city's five most dangerous intersections were:
- Peachtree Industrial Boulevard/McGinnis Ferry Road;
- Peachtree Industrial Boulevard/Suwanee Dam Road;
- Lawrenceville-Suwanee Road/Satellite Boulevard;
- Peachtree Industrial Boulevard/Moore Road;
- I-85 South exit ramp/Lawrenceville-Suwanee Road.
PIB at McGinnis Ferry regularly shows up on police "hot sheets" as being the one with the most accidents and traffic violations.
Suwanee Police use the traffic data to deploy their patrol vehicles.
For all of 2012, the most common violation at all the problem intersections was following too closely, police noted. Also, turning and yielding the right of way was a problem.
For more on this article, visit Suwanee Patch.