It's supposed to snow Thursday night in Gwinnett County, but don't expect to be able to build a snowman in the morning.
The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for much of metro Atlanta, including Gwinnett County. The advisory runs until 7 a.m. Friday.
Do you like snowy weather? Tell us in the comment box below.
The weather service expects it to snow between 9 p.m. and 11 p.m., with accumulations under 1 inch. It'll snow more heaviy in the North Georgia mountains, where a Winter Weather Warning is in effect.
The biggest hazard will be black ice on roadways. Here's the weather service's latest statement.
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PEACHTREE CITY GA 1136 AM EST THU JAN 17 2013
SNOW EXPECTED ACROSS PORTIONS OF NORTH GEORGIA THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT...
A STALLED SURFACE FRONT THAT CONTINUES TO BRING WIDESPREAD RAIN TO MOST OF NORTH AND CENTRAL GEORGIA IS EXPECTED TO SHIFT SOUTH AS A COLD FRONT THIS AFTERNOON. BEHIND THE FRONT...
A COLD POLAR AIRMASS WILL BEGIN TO SPREAD INTO GEORGIA. AT THE SURFACE...
A LOW WILL STRENGTHEN ACROSS EAST GEORGIA. AS THIS LOW TRACKS TO THE NORTHEAST...
WRAP AROUND MOISTURE WILL SWING INTO THE COLD AIR MASS. RAIN WILL MIX WITH AND CHANGE OVER TO SNOW ACROSS PORTIONS OF NORTH GEORGIA THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING. THE HEAVIEST SNOWFALL WILL BE IN THE NORTHEAST GEORGIA MOUNTAINS.
PICKENS-DAWSON-LUMPKIN-WHITE-BARTOW-CHEROKEE-FORSYTH-HALL-BANKS- JACKSON-POLK-PAULDING-COBB-NORTH FULTON-GWINNETT-BARROW-HARALSON- CARROLL-DOUGLAS-SOUTH FULTON-DEKALB- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...DAHLONEGA...CLEVELAND...CARTERSVILLE... GAINESVILLE...MARIETTA...ATLANTA...LAWRENCEVILLE...CARROLLTON... DOUGLASVILLE...EAST POINT...DECATUR
1136 AM EST THU JAN 17 2013 ...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM EST FRIDAY...
* LOCATIONS...NORTH OF A LINE FROM CARROLLTON TO ATLANTA TO JEFFERSON...AND SOUTH OF A ROME TO HIAWASSEE LINE.
* HAZARD TYPES...LIGHT SNOW AND BLACK ICE.
* ACCUMULATIONS...LESS THAN 1 INCH OF SNOW ON GRASSY AND ELEVATED SURFACES.
* TIMING...RAIN WILL MIX WITH AND BEGIN CHANGING TO SNOW IN NORTHWEST GEORGIA BY EARLY AFTERNOON...SPREADING ACROSS THE REST OF NORTH GEORGIA THROUGH THE EARLY EVENING HOURS.
* IMPACTS...SNOWFALL CREATING NUISANCE DRIVING CONDITIONS. BLACK ICE IS LIKELY ACROSS THE AREA TONIGHT AND FRIDAY MORNING WHEN TEMPERATURES FALL BELOW FREEZING.
* WINDS...NORTHWEST 10 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH.
* TEMPERATURES...IN THE MID 40S THIS MORNING DROPPING TO THE LOWER 30S BY MIDNIGHT. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
* A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW MAY CAUSE PRIMARILY TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.