Police Find Several Pounds of Pot During Buford Traffic Stop
Two men arrested on charges of possessing marijuana with intent to distribute.
A Jan. 15 traffic stop on Buford Drive led to the arrest of two Gainesville men on drug charges.
Narcotic investigators witnessed a possible drug transaction in the parking lot of the Mall of Georgia. The persons who allegedly received a package believed to be drugs left the mall in a white Ford Focus and headed north on Buford Drive.
A uniformed officer caught up with the vehicle and noticed the tag had a tinted license plate cover that made the plate difficult to read. The officer pulled the vehicle over for the tag cover violation and made contact with the two occupants, identified as Jimmy Malone, 29, and his brother Genova Malone, 39.
“As I made contact with the occupants, I immediately smelled the strong odor of raw marijuana coming from the vehicle,” the officer wrote in the report. The officer further noted that both men appeared “visibly nervous.”
You might also be interested in reading:
- 'Possibly Suicidal and Homicidal' Man Flees From Police During Buford Traffic Stop
- Child Kicked in Face by Cow 'Rattled,' but Not Injured
- Man Gets Truck Towed to Dealership, Has Motorcycle Stolen
- Man in ‘Intoxicated State’ Tells Police He Crashed Car ‘Over Yonder’
- Buford Man Stopped for Littering, Arrested After Stolen Goods Found in Vehicle
- Man Calls Cops After Finding Meth in Son’s Room