Editor's note: "The Last Stand" is playing at these Gwinnett theaters: AMC Sugarloaf Mills 18, Lawrenceville; Studio Movie Grill, Duluth; Peachtree Cinema and Games, Peachtree Corners; Regal Snellville Oaks, Snellville; AMC Colonial 18, Lawrenceville; Regal Medlock Crossing, Duluth; Regal Mall of Georgia Stadium 16, Buford; Regal Hamilton Mill 14, Dacula. Use the moviephone search tool at the top of this file to find a location near you.
Arnold is back from being a two-term governor to playing a small-town sheriff.
Arnold Schwarzenegger plays a semi-retired sheriff in an sleepy southwest border town. He and his motley crew must now stop a notorious drug kingpin from escaping into Mexico in "The Last Stand."
The bullets fly. There is plenty of action. But the star looks a bit rusty.
You quickly come to the realization that this film is undeniably ludicrous.
Look, Arnold has never been a good actor, but it's a bit worse since he got back from being the "Governator." So what does he do to make up for his lack of talent? Cue an explosive montage!
This movie is simply a testosterone-infused piece of cinema. It's cynical and satirical, coming at you in the form of a semi-automatic multi-clip gun that will make the most rabid NRA member drool.
It's not great, but it's not really that terrible either. I mean, it's Arnold; if you have ever seen any of his movies you know what you are getting.
The Flick-O-Meter gives "The Last Stand" a three out of five. It's pretty forgettable, and it's probably not the comeback project Arnold was looking for. But at least it does what it says in the title.
Sound off on my Facebook page, it's called TheBrettside.
See More on Patch
- Movie Reviews: Is 'The Company You Keep' One of the Best Films of 2013?
- Movie Reviews of Oblivion: 'At Least the Effort is There'
- 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation': The Rock Delivers in Action Thriller
- Movie Critics: 'Olympus Has Fallen' Has 'Die Hard' All Over It
- Update: See an Oscar-Nominated Movie Before the Academy Awards Show
Most Popular articles
- Census Bureau: Blacks Outpace Whites in 2012 Presidential Election
- Inspector Finds Black Mold, Dirty Dishes Stored with Clean Plates and More
- No Lucky Powerball Winner, Jackpot Soars to $475 Million
- Berkmar, Collins Hill Win to Force All-Gwinnett Final in Boys Soccer
- Gwinnett School Board Approves 4 New Principals